Job Title: Vineyard Worker
Reports to: Vineyard Manager, C.O.O.
Job Overview: Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards is offering an excellent opportunity for an aspiring viticulturist. This person will play an active role in the production of world-class wine grapes using a combination of traditional and cutting-edge viticulture techniques.
Full-Time (40 hours/wk average)
Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Hands on involvement in every facet of the vineyard operation, including pruning, tying, thinning, harvesting, shoot positioning, trellis work, etc.
- Assist Vineyard Manager with research, data collection, and special projects when necessary
- Collect and record canopy parameters (shoot length, canopy density)
- Monitor pests and diseases and survey vineyard conditions
- Collect fruit samples for maturation analysis
- Perform basic cleanup and maintenance duties related to viticultural data collection
- Operation of tractors and farm equipment
All other duties as deemed necessary for the successful operation of the winery
- Two years of viticulture/agriculture preferred
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines with accuracy and work with minimal supervision
- Able to walk for sustained periods of time through difficult conditions (such as mud, soft dirt, rocks, snow, etc.)
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must possess excellent verbal and communication skills